Why should I invest in SEO packages
In this article, I want to question the return on investment when doing search engine optimisation.
What is search engine optimization, mainly a way to get your website pages on the top of search engine results. The main reason why you would invest in search engine optimization is to get organic traffic. Organic traffic refers to the visitors that reached your website through a google search. It is a known fact that organic traffic converts better than other traffic sources like pay per click. The reason behind this is since organic traffic has a more specific user intent. The best way to explain user intent is, a user who landed on your site because he is looking for the product or service you are selling is more likely to buy than someone who just seen an advert stating you have a discount.
Yet a high converting traffic source might not justify the investment done on search engine optimization as packages can be quite expensive and results are not immediate. One can correctly argue that organic traffic is not free traffic as it involves a lot of work and investment. Yet entrepreneurs still keep on investing in this sort of marketing and this is the reason why.
The real ROI behing SEO
Being on top of Google result page for your services gives you a market advantage and makes you a leader in your area. Also, this is an indication that your online and offline resources and working together to deliver a great experience to your clients.
Search engines are in the business of providing the best content to clients. Thus being on top search engine result pages is like a certificate of excellance
The use of search engines is to allow a user to type what he needs and find it in the returned results. This means that the google search engine needs to identify the intent of the search and match it to the best content within its huge database of websites.
Well, this is what makes google an amazing tool. It is great at identifying the intent of the search and also retrieving, and ordering all the information. The internet is like a vast ocean of website pages so this process in nothing but amazing. For Google a key performance indicator would be that the client finds what he needs on the first page of his result.
SEO ranking is a way to monitor your overall business performance
- Search engines utilize web crawlers, whose job is to find websites and read their content. These web crawlers build indexes of what the website is about so that it can be used in searches.
- Search engines use a secret scoring system to rank how good the site is. Though the algorithm of how much every optimization increases your ranking score is a secret. This is often referred to as the Google black box, it is based on the way structure of the page and the perceived quality of the website is calculated.
- Remeber Google knows more about you than you might think. It builds a user intent in order to better identify what you are really interested in. When searching Google takes into consideration things about your profile location and more. This is why searches in incognito mode might return different results than your normal browser search.
- Once a user drops a query on google user intent is matched to the website crawler results, using the ranking score you are returned with the results.
Getting on top means your business is on the right track
So assuming that search engines are doing a great job at identifying what people want and how websites can deliver it. Improving your search engine ranking means that you are providing your clients with more of what they need.
Branding and social signals are also criteria measured in your search engine optimization efforts. Thus good SEO packages include building your brand and better presenting it to the public. Again this is what every business that wants to grow is looking to achieve.
In conclusion, your search engine optimizations efforts should be in line with your business targets
- building your brand,
- Improving the quality of your service
- Identifying and prioritising your clients